11 September 2009

Cowboys have Come To Town

The town I live in has an annual Rodeo...this is it's 62nd year. It's a HUGE event and takes place over several days...not only are there rodeo performances but there are a number of other traditional activities that take place...pancake breakfast, parade, concerts....just to name a few. I found this picture taken of my dad, my brother and me several (I mean several) years ago during Rodeo Week. I was probably about 6-7 years old. We were all dressed up for Rodeo Parade Day...my entire family came to our house in those days. We lived on the parade route...we had breakfast together...watched the parade...had lunch and then the Rodeo performance later that day. Lovely memories of those times fill my heart and make me smile. Today I am going to buy my 1yr old Grandson his first Rodeo attire....the tradition carries on!

2 comments:

  1. Look at how cute you are!!!! What a awesome tradition and it's been going on a long time!!! Thanks again for being such a help yesterday and for coming to support us, it means so much to me! You are the real deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog! It is always fun to meet new readers. :)

    ReplyDelete